Sex toys can be a fun and exciting way to explore your sexuality and add some extra spice to your intimate experiences. However, it's important to remember that just like any other personal item, they need to be properly cleaned and stored to avoid the risk of infection or other health issues. Taking care of your sex toys is an important part of maintaining your sexual health and wellbeing, so don't neglect this important aspect of your intimate experiences. With the right cleaning methods and care, your sex toys can provide you with years of safe and enjoyable pleasure.
This article will teach you how to clean and store your sex toys properly so that they last longer and don't spread bacteria between partners.
Choose The Right Cleaning Method
Cleaning sex toys is a simple task, but it's important to know the material of sex toys in order to determine how to clean them. There are many different materials to choose from. Each material has its own unique properties, and may require different cleaning methods to keep them in good condition.
- Silicone: Silicone is a popular sex toy material because it's non-porous, hypoallergenic, and easy to clean. To clean a silicone toy, wash it with warm water and mild soap, or use a specialized toy cleaner designed for silicone. Avoid using silicone-based lubricants with silicone toys, as this can cause the material to break down over time.
- Glass: Glass toys are non-porous, hypoallergenic, and can be cleaned with warm water and mild soap, or a specialized toy cleaner designed for glass. Glass toys can also be sterilized by boiling them in water for a few minutes.
- Stainless steel: Stainless steel toys are non-porous, hypoallergenic, and can be cleaned with warm water and mild soap or a specialized toy cleaner. Stainless steel toys can also be sterilized by boiling them in water for a few minutes.
- Jelly rubber: Jelly toys are porous and can be difficult to clean. To clean a jelly toy, wash it with warm water and mild soap, or use a specialized toy cleaner designed for jelly. Some jelly toys cannot be sterilized, so it's important to use a condom with them to prevent the buildup of bacteria.
- Rubber: Rubber toys are porous and can be difficult to clean. To clean a rubber toy, wash it with warm water and mild soap, or use a specialized toy cleaner designed for rubber. Some rubber toys cannot be sterilized, so it's important to use a condom with them to prevent the buildup of bacteria.
- PVC: PVC toys are porous and can be difficult to clean. To clean a PVC toy, wash it with warm water and mild soap, or use a specialized toy cleaner designed for PVC. Some PVC toys cannot be sterilized, so it's important to use a condom with them to prevent the buildup of bacteria.
Cleaning Your Sex Toys
- Cleaning your sex toys is important, even though it might not sound sexy. If you don’t, you run the risk of wearing down a toy's material, warping its shape, or destroying any battery-operated features it may have. Here are some tips on how to clean your sex toys and make sure they stay in good condition:
- Clean before and after use: It's important to clean your sex toy both before and after every use. No matter what material your sex toy is made of, it's important to clean it thoroughly after each use to prevent the buildup of bacteria and other harmful substances. Even though non-porous toys are not more likely to harbor bacteria or other diseases than porous ones, it is a good idea to clean any toy you've used right away. This will help prevent the buildup of bacteria and keep your toy in good condition for longer.
Use the right cleaning products: Many sex toys can be cleaned with warm water and mild soap, but some materials may require more specialized cleaning products. For example, silicone toys should be cleaned with soap and water or a silicone-safe cleaner, while porous materials like rubber or jelly may require a stronger antibacterial solution. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that could damage the toy.
If you have any doubts about whether or not something can be cleaned with soap and water, don't hesitate to ask! Funzze support team is more than happy to help out with any questions you might have about our products.
- Don't forget to clean the crevices: Many sex toys have crevices or other hard-to-reach areas that can collect bacteria, so make sure you pay close attention to these areas when cleaning. Use a soft-bristled brush or cotton swab to clean these areas thoroughly. After that, use plain water to rinse the toy until it is thoroughly clean.
- Rinse thoroughly: After cleaning your sex toy, make sure you rinse it thoroughly with warm water to remove any residue from the cleaning solution. Avoid using hot water, as this can damage some materials.
- Dry completely: Once your sex toy is clean, make sure you dry it completely before storing it. Use a clean, dry towel or air-dry it on a clean surface. Storing a damp toy can lead to the growth of bacteria or mold.
Storing Your Sex Toys
Storing your toys is just as important as cleaning them. You want to make sure that they're protected, but also that they're not going to get damaged or contaminated by other materials.
Here are some tips for how you can store all types of sex toys:
- Keep them in a clean, dry place: When storing your sex toys, it's important to keep them in a clean, dry place where they won't be exposed to moisture or other elements that could damage them. Avoid storing them in damp or humid areas, and make sure they're not exposed to direct sunlight or heat.
- Store them separately: To avoid damage or cross-contamination, it's best to store your sex toys separately from each other. This can be done in a drawer or storage box, or by using individual storage bags or pouches.
- Use a lockable storage container: If you live with roommates or family members, consider using a lockable storage container to keep your sex toys safe and secure. This will also provide an added layer of privacy and peace of mind.
- Keep the packaging: If possible, keep the packaging that your sex toys came in. This can help protect them from dust and other elements, and make it easier to store them safely.
- Avoid storing them in plastic bags: While it may be tempting to store your sex toys in plastic bags for convenience, this can actually be harmful to some materials. Plastic bags can trap moisture and lead to the growth of bacteria or mold, so it's best to avoid them altogether.
- Keep them away from pets and children: If you have pets or children in your home, make sure your sex toys are stored in a place where they can't accidentally come into contact with them. This will help prevent any accidents or mishaps, and ensure that your toys stay in good condition for longer.
Remember, taking care of your sex toys is just as important as taking care of any other personal item, so don't neglect this important aspect of your sexual health and wellbeing.